Times are approximate
- 7 a.m. Rise and shine – Time to go outdoors, eliminate, and socialize with neighbors through the fences. Staff thoroughly cleans indoor runs. All areas are vacuumed, disinfected, rinsed, and dried. Staff then rinses and refills water buckets. Dirty bedding is replaced with clean bedding.
Later Guests come back indoors while outdoor runs are scooped, hosed, and squeegeed. Staff also prepares breakfast.
- 8:30 – 9 a.m. Breakfast is served – Description of meals in Canine Accommodations.
- 9:30 a.m. Food bowls are picked up – Meal Log is completed. (We document any boarder who does not eat all of her/his breakfast so we (and you) can be aware of any eating problems. We also maintain a Problem Log in which we document any problems we see, such as loose stools, blood in urine, vomit, etc. While these occurrences are rare, we think it is important to know when they happen and to take action if necessary.)
- 10 a.m. Play Time – Depending on the temperature outside, either: the doggie doors are secured open, so the dogs can come and go at will between their indoor and their outdoor runs; or, if the furnace or air-conditioner is on, the dogs are let outdoors for a period of time (determined by the weather), then brought back indoors where they remain for two hours, after which they are let outdoors again, and so on. We continue this cycle every two hours until the guests are brought indoors for the last time at bedtime.
Playtime sessions start in the morning and continue until all participants have enjoyed their play periods. If the weather is too hot, we suspend playtime until evening, when weather is cooler.
Check Out before 12 noon to not pay for today’s boarding.
Housekeeping services for feline guests: see Feline Accommodations
Throughout the day, we check bedding, add fresh water as needed to boarders’ water buckets, visit guest runs to ensure their comfort, talk to them, clean up the occasional accident, scoop outdoor runs after each outdoor period, etc.
- 3 p.m. – Afternoon hosing of outdoor runs (same as 8 a.m.).
- 5 – 5:30 p.m. – Begin dinner preparation.
- 6 p.m. – Serve dinner.
- 6:30 p.m. Food bowls are picked up. Meal log is completed for dinner the same way as for breakfast.
Throughout the evening, we continue the cycle of dogs’ going outside to stretch their legs, taking potty breaks, and socializing through the fence with their neighbors, while we tend to laundry, dishes, replenishing drinking water, checking bedding, etc.
- 11 p.m. – midnight Guests go outdoors for the last time before bedtime. When they come indoors, they receive midnight snax and are tucked in for the night. Lights out until tomorrow.